I found this PHP Mail Script some 15-20 years ago. I’ve used it on occasion during website designs. Since then the code has depreciated and stopped working. I revived it for PHP 7.0 and above and added some CSS effects as well as made it responsive to mobile web designs. It’s free to download and use.
- Unzip folder (WinZip, 7-Zip or Equivalent)
- Edit the config.php. All variables can be edited to your personal tastes, but the base email address is the only required change.
- Upload mailer.php and config.php to your directory.
- Create a template (e.g. Contact) page (the page that the form will appear on)
- Put the following line of code into your template page (page must have a .php extension and be in the same directory as the script and config file)
<?php include “mailer.php”; ?>
- Add the extra CSS info (provided in readme.txt file) to your styles.css (or appropriately named)
- Copy images to your root/images folder.
If you have questions or want to see this form in action, you can contact me. While it isn’t a WordPress plugin just yet, it does in fact work on WordPress sites 😉