Did you know that the ONLY software I have paid for (not including video games) is Microsoft Windows, SugarSync and PowerArchiver for all of my personal computing devices? I have multiple computers. Yeah, buying software for each machine would kill anyone’s budget. Here is a list of free software (Freeware) that I use to complete all the cool and wonderful things that I do.
- Clickteam Install Creator – For packaging and distributing your own software.
- VirtualBox – You can run OS’s and software in a safe environment on your computer. Great for learning and development.
Image Viewers and Editors
- Discord – Free Voice Chat. Excellent for Gamers 🙂
- Google Chrome – Best damned Browser!
- Putty – Telnet/SSH Tool (Geeks Only)
- Audacity – Free Digital Audio Recorder/Mixer.
- Freemake – Convert Video Types Easily.
- Really Slick Screensavers – 3D Open GL Screensavers, hours of entertainment!
- VLC – OpenSource Media Player with DVD capabilities.
- LibreOffice – Best Open Source Microsoft Office Clone.
- Notepad++ – Free replacement to notepad, and code editor.
- Malwarebytes – Free version does urge you to buy for $24.95 and only the registered version does active protection and scheduled scanning. Free version, you must manually update and scan.
- BurnAware – A free easy way to make CD’s / DVD’s and Blu-Ray Burns.
- CCleaner – A great way to get rid of junk/temp files and clean up useless entries in your registry safely.
- Classic Shell – If you MUST endure Windows 8 or 10, at least you can be freed from Metro or the new idiot start menu with this!
- Directx 9 Redistributable June 2010 Edition – Loads of older PC games still require this.
- DupFinder – Ever wonder how much space you waste on your PC with duplicate files? Find em with this.
- Speccy – is a handy little program that tells you everything (including your product key for Windows) you want to know about your PC as well as usages and temps of supported hardware.
- TeamViewer – is a simple and very flexible remote assistance tool. Loads of features! Free for personal use only.
- UDPixel – Got a flat-screen? This helps find dead or fix stuck pixels.
- WinSCP – A open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client.
- ZipWare – A simple and free ZIP/UnZIP utility software. Opens many file types (7-zip, RAR, Tar, etc.). Zips to .zip and .7z.
** Software for Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 & 10
These are here because I either packaged for simplicity or because I forgot where I got them from but want my visitors to have safe downloads. I don’t want to send you guys to shady websites to get all infected.
Paint.net Plug-ins – This is a group of plug-ins I use for Paint.net. I put them in a handy installer (cause I’m geeky like that). When installing on 64 bit windows, use a Zip program and extract files manually.
Remove/Restore Shortcut Arrows (Windows 7/8/10) – No, I didn’t write this, just can’t remember the site I got it from so I uploaded it here – it’s 100% safe.
Got some freeware I should try and possibly add to my list? Simply email me and let me know.