Did you know that the ONLY software I have paid for (not including video games) is Microsoft Windows, DropBox, VPN and PowerArchiver for all of my personal computing devices? I have multiple computers. Yeah, buying software for each machine would kill anyone's budget. Here is a list of free software (Freeware) that I use to complete all the cool and wonderful things that I do.
- Malwarebytes - Free version does urge you to buy for $24.95 and only the registered version does active protection and scheduled scanning. Free version, you must manually update and scan.
- Malwarebytes Adware Cleaner - Does what it says and you should run it on occasion to remove unwanted spying ads.
- BurnAware - A free easy way to make CD's / DVD's and Blu-Ray Burns.
- Open Shell - (Formerly Classic Shell) If you use Windows 8 or 10, but desire the usability of the classic start menu from Windows 7 or before. You need this!
- PeaZip - A simple and free ZIP/UnZIP utility software. Opens many file types (7-zip, RAR, Tar, etc.). Zips to .zip and .7z.
- Reflect - Disk imaging and backup tool.
- Remote Utilities - Remote Desktop Software - Free license only supports 1 tech and up to 10 connections to other computers. Though a personal license is very affordable 😊
- Speccy - is a handy little program that tells you everything (including your product key for Windows) you want to know about your computer as well as usages and temps of supported hardware.
- UDPixel - Got a flat-screen? This helps find dead or fix stuck pixels.
- WinSCP - A open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client.
- Wise Disk Cleaner - Cleanup junk files and free up space while organizing and speeding up your computer!
** Software for Microsoft Windows 8.1, 10 & 11
These are here because I either packaged for simplicity or because I forgot where I got them from but want my visitors to have safe downloads. I don't want to send you guys to shady websites to get all infected.
DupFinder - Duplicate File Finder is a simple, but effective tool to locate exact duplicate files in one or more selected search paths. The program scans the given folder paths and compares the files based on Byte for Byte Comparison, which ensures 100% accuracy. You can then choose to delete the selected duplicate or original files.
Duplicate File Finder offers no configuration options, it is designed to find exact duplicate files, even if they have different names. This makes it very easy to use for novice users, but scanning large numbers of files can be very time consuming due to the Byte-by-Byte comparison that is performed on all files.
Paint.net Plug-ins - This is a group of plug-ins I use for Paint.net. Use a Zip program and extract files manually.
Remove/Restore Shortcut Arrows (Windows 10) - No, I didn’t write this, just can’t remember the site I got it from so I uploaded it here – it’s 100% safe.
Got some freeware I should try and possibly add to my list? Simply email me and let me know.