o•men ō′mən – n.
- A phenomenon supposed to portend good or evil; a prophetic sign.
- n. – Prognostication; portent.
- transitive verb – To be a prophetic sign of; portend.
So, I haven’t purchased a store built computer since Gateway Computers outsourced my job in 2001. I have taken pride in carefully building my own custom gaming rig. The past few years it looked like so:
Admittedly the image is horribly disproportionate.
So anyway, mother needed a new computer in a bad way. Mostly because I would get frustrated doing anything on it as it was so slow. So I started putting feelers out that I was looking for a used computer I could upgrade to be decent. Not looking to spend a ton of money. My coworker said he’d look at his work. His day job is the hospital. I get a text the next day saying, “I have a gift for you.”.
Intrigued, I get to work that night and he hands me a never used HP Omen 25L
- Intel Core i7 10700F @ 2.90GHz Comet Lake (6 core/6 threads)
- HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-2933 XMP SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
- 1TB Samsung EVO 980 M.2 SSD Hard Drive (My upgrade)
- HP Dorado Motherboard H470
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
- Windows 10 Pro x64
- Front Bezel Shadow Black Glass, Dark Chrome Logo
- 500 W Bronze efficiency power supply
- Realtek Wi-Fi 5 (2×2) and Bluetooth® 5 combo, MU-MIMO supported
Value – $1600
Still in warranty no less 😁
You certainly don’t look at a gift this significant in the mouth per se.
This image is much more spot on and looks more proportionate.
So far this computer has been amazing! I’m sure I’ll upgrade it a few years before replacing it again. But it is the first computer I’ve ever had that has a window and RGB. Something I found frivolous in the past. Like my muscle cars, it’s not about the flash and flare. It’s about the raw performance 😈
Now mommy dearest can have my old rig. At least I know it rocks in performance just fine and is way more than she needs 😁
Coincidentally, my second favorite guitar is also an Omen. Omen-6 by Schecter.
Just sayin’ 😉 Maybe it’s an Omen…