Want to buy furniture? Got a job? No Problem!
Want to buy a house? Got a job? Got time to fill out 38 pages of application? Got outstanding credit? Got months on end to wait for approval? Well… we’ll see if we can help you.
I’ve been in this “apartment”, for 3 fucking years now. Every avenue I try to buy a house, has been fraught with frustration. Since I’ve been trying to buy a house, I’ve damn near paid off 2 cars.
On top of that, nothing fits my desires on finding a house. My criteria is as follows:
- Must be able to make noise without driving neighbors mad
- Must be able to get good internet (not satellite, 4K or dialup options)
- Some property would be nice for shooting a gun safely
- I hate hardwood flooring – would be nice if it was mostly carpeted (and no I don’t want to spend time and money redoing the whole house)
- Room for myself, a roommate/relative or other and my musical equipment (3 bedroom / 2 bath preferred)
You can buy anything else by walking into a building filling out 2 – 5 pages of application and have what you want before you leave. Buying a house is insanely painful and complicated. You’d think by now we’d have options to get a home like buying anything else. It’s twice as hard if you are single it seems. When I was married it was slightly less painful in obtaining. I’ve owned 2 houses in my lifetime. Sadly both times I wished I was renting. Having to pay out the nose for repairs is painful at best.
You should be able to walk into a real-estate office and be approved for x number of homes and make a choice and move in within a day or two. Or come back when they have more choices. Just like a car lot or furniture store.