There are days. Quite frequently it seems, that I share the opinion of one of my favorite cartoon characters, Bender. There are an awful lot of people on this planet that piss me off to no end! Self-centered, self-involved and have an over abundance of self-entitlement.
Most days I just mutter to myself and move on. Sometimes, I find myself talking loud enough to let them know I’m dissatisfied with their flagrant disregard for everyone else around them. Once in a great, rare occasion. I let them know face to face that they are in fact a dumb-ass!
I could sit here and list things for hours on end. I won’t. Though I may hit on things that I’ve mentioned before. If so, well tough.
Of course there are the people who text and drive. That should’ve gone without saying. Though, no matter the ads, no matter the research, no matter the proof… It never changes. It’s an addiction. Much like smoking, many people don’t want to quit. No matter who has been hurt or killed by it. Anymore, jobs preach no texting at work, but it happens anyway and they turn a blind eye to it.
The one that got me to write this was I can’t count the number of times I’ve stepped aside or held a door or assisted someone who had a handicap. Especially if it’s a recent injury. Like folks on crutches or in wheelchairs. Folks who aren’t long term and unlikely to get upset at a person for trying to be nice. (Folks, such as ones in powered chairs, who are long term sometimes get upset when you try to help them.) I go to the store, needing groceries. I get to the door on my crutches and people are oblivious to me and won’t let me go through. Once I finally get inside, and no one will move out of the way. I have to stand and wait while they ignore my repeated spoken, “Excuse me.”. What the hell ever happened to people being nice? I don’t want much, just to get what I need quickly so I can get off my leg and rest it like I’m supposed to do. I’m sorry, but I need food to survive, and don’t have anyone else to do my shopping. If only I had a good enough memory to pay back these fuckers when I see them in need.
Other people that make me hate the human race are:
- Lazy fuckers who can’t put trash in the can or walk a few feet to put a cart in a corral.
- People who call for tech support and don’t listen to anything I tell them.
- People who fill their yards with trash making my neighborhood look like crap.
- People who talk on their phones while you’re trying to interact with them.
- Assholes who don’t know what that stem on the left side of their steering column is for.
- People who don’t know what that red octagon sign on the corner of streets are for.
- People who don’t know that a stop sign is an octagon.
- peoople who dont know what punktewation and capitaizationand spelling are (Yes, that was intentional.)
- People who want help, won’t tell you anything about the problem to begin to help them. Then complain that you’re not helping them.
- People who don’t know how to safely handle a gun.
The list goes on and on…
… and on…
And people wonder why I want to breed flying monkeys and take over the world 😈