I’m looking for some suggestions from folks. If you were to go to an outdoor concert on a perfect summer afternoon, say just before nightfall. What songs make you feel patriotic and give you the feeling of summer? Songs that you’d love to “Rock Out” or dance too? The idea is to have a roughly 90 minute long show towards the end of a cookout/get together.
So picture a warm summer day. It’s sunny, roughly 75 to 80 degrees. The smell of food on the grill. A large gathering of family and friends. Kids playing of all ages. After the food is eaten, and the sun is just about ready to set, a group of talented folks take to the stage. What music would make you feel, Summer, Patriotism, Love and Happiness? Songs to dance too. Songs to rock too.
Here is the current playlist. What would you suggest? What songs should come off the list. I’ve linked the music videos to them in case you’ve never heard the song or just want to listen to it 🙂
(Currently in no particular order. Order suggestions are welcome.):
- California Girls – David Lee Roth
- Animal – Def Leppard
- ** Sausalito Summernight – Diesel
- All Summer Long – Kid Rock
- That Thing You Do! – The Wonders
- ** There’s Only One Way to Rock! – Sammy Hagar (Clean Version)
- These are the Days – 10,000 Maniacs
- Army – Ben Folds Five – 90′s (Clean Version)
- ** Don’t Tread on Me – Damn Yankees
- This Time of Year – Better than Ezra
- Counting Blue Cars – Dishwalla
- ** Ride the Wind – Poison
If this song was included in your choices, which version would you prefer?
- Pinch Me – Bare Naked Ladies
- Whole Lotta You – A Rocket to the Moon
- Rhythm of Love – Plain White T’s
- Summertime – The Sundays
I need suggestions. Whether to remove songs, or add different ones. Please nothing heavily adult, hateful, or too hardcore. Also not looking for anything by Warrant, Rush or Nickelback!! (Think patriotic, upbeat and summertime family friendly.)
You can leave your thoughts in the comments below, on the facebook post this linked from or by emailing me by clicking here.