“Theodas, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to this World… of Warcraft…” ~ Thrall
Yes kiddies, it’s true. Not only am I sticking with World of Warcraft, I’m joining the Horde! I just have far too much fun playing WoW. I can putz around all by myself and have a blast, I can pug (that has a 50/50 chance of going well), I can party up with friends (Even across servers now – thanks Real-Id!) and just have fun exploring (even after 2 years I’m finding more and more hidden places). Only thing I haven’t done is any real raids since I left the EU servers (prior to Cataclysm), and that’s because they are only worth doing if you have a group of people who can use Vent and understand everyone else in the group, and what their strengths and weaknesses are. I feel strongly with the Horde I can advance further than I ever have before. And if it all blows up in my face, no great loss, as I’m sure I’ll have a million new adventures.
Turns out the Horde not only has cookies, but after doing some research, I think I’ll be a lot happier over there. It started as I got an old friend to give Warcraft a try finally. Though I am still skeptical of his actual ability to stick with it. But as I got reading, I realized some wonderful things for myself by joining:
- The Horde racial skills enhance greatly upon the characters I’ve created and will only improve their performance.
- The Horde always seem to have their plans together when it comes to PVP. Perhaps I can find a mentor to help me be a better PVP player.
- Is it not Thrall we always see who casts aside the foolish Horde/Alliance conflict in order to protect the world? What Alliance character get’s such recognition in cut-scenes? Yeah that’s right, NONE!
- I’ve always been evil. Yet I was never playing for evil’s side before.
- Not too mention, every player I meet who is truly helpful has been Horde at one time or another and have usually only become Alliance for someone else, not for their own reasons. (Golly gee the Horde are understanding folk 🙂 )
- So far all the quests I’ve done for the Goblins have been hilarious! (and their island is beautiful!)
It’s going to take several weeks to complete my transformations and I’ve downsized my character base to the three main characters I play. (Theodas, Kyllia and Hythlodaeus (Who’s name I may change as even I have difficulty remembering how it’s spelled.)) Still, at $30 per Faction Transfer and $25 per Server Transfer, I’m going to have to be very penny-wise about this.
Sadly this leaves my Level 10 guild (CastleRain) either to be abandoned, disbanded or handed over to someone else. Since I no longer wish to claim the CastleRain name as I once did, it’s available to anyone who wants to take it over and do as they please with it. It’s got 7 guild bank tabs. Contact me, if you are interested.
As well as you’ll see hints of darkness from the Horde vibe around the website as well. Not a lot, but some 😈
Also, I’m thinking about getting the latest Driver: San Francisco. Looks like a load of fun and I love me some driving games!!