Did you know that the ONLY software I have paid for is Microsoft Windows (Win 32/64), Fraps (Win 32/64) and PowerArchiver (Win 32/64) for all of my PC’s? (not including video games) I have a total of 3 computers. Yeah, buying software for each one of those machines would kill anyone’s budget. Here is a list of free software (Freeware) that I use to complete all the cool and wonderful things that I do. Remember, 32 bit software will work on 64 bit operating systems, but 64 bit software won’t work on 32 bit operating systems.
- Nullsoft Scriptable Install System – It’s free, open source and good.
- VirtualBox – You can run OS’s and software in a safe environment on your computer. Great for learning and development.
Image Viewers and Editors
- Firefox (32) Best damned Browser!
- inSSIDer (32) an award-winning free Wi-Fi network scanner for Windows XP/Vista/7.
- Putty (32/64) Telnet/SSH Tool (Geeks Only)
- Trillian – (32) Why waste precious resources on your PC with 5 different IM Programs, this does them all!!
- Ventrilo (32/64) A Free Client to talk with your Gaming Friends. (Service however, is not free for hosting)
- Audacity (32) Free Digital Audio Recorder/Mixer.
- Freemake (32) Convert Video Types Easily.
- Media Portal (32/64) Free Media Center.
- Quicktime Player (32) Because Apple Geeks have to have their own special codecs … Bastards!!
- Really Slick Screensavers – (32/64) 3D Open GL Screensavers, hours of entertainment!
- Shark007′s FREE Codec solutions (32/64) The Codec package of choice.
- VLC (32) OpenSource Media Player with DVD capabilities.
- Winamp (32) A great free media player.
- Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (32) This is the version for Vista, but runs well on Windows 7. Besides, the Windows Live Version just sucks.
- Cute PDF (32/64) Print any file into PDF format.
- Foxit PDF Reader (32) Adobe is bloated and slow, this is better.
- LibreOffice (32) Fantastic OpenSource Microsoft Office Replacement.
- Notepad ++ (32) Free replacement to notepad, and code editor.
- Avast! (32/64) Best Free AV!
- Malwarebytes (32) Free version does urge you to buy for $24.95 and only the registered version does active protection and scheduled scanning. Free version, you must manually update and scan.
- Auslogics Disk Defrag (32/64) Free Disk Defragmenter that is faster than Windows 7, Vista or XP.
- CCleaner (32/64) A great way to get rid of junk/temp files and clean up useless entries in your registry safely.
- CDBurnerXP (32/64) A free easy way to make CD’s / DVD’s and Blu-Ray Burns.
- Classic Shell (32/64) If you MUST endure Windows 8, at least you can be freed from Metro with this!
- CPU-Z (32/64) System Info Utility.
- Directx 9 Redistributable June 2010 Edition (32/64) Loads of older PC games still require this.
- DupFinder (32/64) Ever wonder how much space you waste on your PC with duplicate files? Find em with this.
- FileZilla (32) Free FTP Program.
- GPU-Z (32/64) Graphics Card Info Utility
- IzArc (32) Free ZIP Program that handles hundreds of file formats (7-zip, RAR, Tar, etc.).
- Java (32/64) Trust me, you need this for things like OpenOffice and Firefox.
- Speccy (32/64) is a handy little program that tells you everything (including your product key for Windows) you want to know about your PC as well as usages and temps of supported hardware.
- Sugarsync (32/64) Fantastic way to share, update and backup files across PC’s, Smartphones and Web. It’s the best of both worlds.
- TeamViewer (32) is a simple and very flexible remote assistance tool. Loads of features! Free for personal use only.
- UDPixel (32) Got a flat-screen? This helps find dead or fix stuck pixels.
These are here because I either packaged for simplicity or because I forgot where I got them from but want my visitors to have safe downloads. I don’t want to send you guys to shady websites to get all infected.
Paint.net Plug-ins – (Win 32) This is a group of plug-ins I use for Paint.net. I put them in a handy installer (cause I’m geeky like that). When installing on 64 bit windows, use a Zip program and extract files manually.
Remove/Restore Shortcut Arrows (Windows 7 / Windows 8) – (Win 32/64) No, I didn’t write this, just can’t remember the site I got it from so I uploaded it here – it’s 100% safe.
My Installed Android Apps
- 1Tap Cleaner (Free or Paid) – Quickly cleans your app cache, app histories and can close apps to free up precious space!
- Adobe PDF Reader – I wish their desktop version was this fast and small.
- Advanced Task Killer Free – A must have to save your battery life! Auto kills background apps running for no reason. (Minor setup needed)
- ADW.Launcher (Free or Paid)- Replaces your standard launcher and is moderately cool without having to buy pro.
- Amazon – Shop Amazon anytime, anywhere!
- Amazon MP3 – I use it to buy my MP3 music, but it’s also a player.
- AndroZip File Manager (Free or Paid) – File Manger and Zip Utility in one app! Pro works on rooted phones and removes ads.
- Authenticator – From Google, it helps protect accounts that accept this app. Keeps your account protected.
- avast! Mobile Security – Best AV for your phone and a killer anti-theft function that will track your phone, dump info and embarrass the thief!
- Barcode Scanner – Works not only on bar codes, but QR codes as well.
- Battery – Nice simple battery tool and shows percentages in notification bar.
- Battle.net Authenticator – For protecting your WoW account.
- Camera ZOOM FX [Not Free] – Take that you iPhone weenies!! Loads of Addons!!
- Carmageddon [Not Free] – The original blood and guts carnage game from 1997 now on your Droid!
- Clock Tower 3D Live Wallpaper [Not Free] – It’s like being inside a clock tower, very steam punk.
- Cloud Print – (Free or Paid – in app) Print from your android to your PC at home or any Cloud Print ready printer! Freakin’ Sweet!
- Craigslist Pro+ (Free or Paid) – Best Craigslist app.
- Dropbox – I only use this because Titanium Backup doesn’t use SugarSync.
- Earth and Legend [Not Free] – Kick ass RPG game for your Droid.
- Facebook – God, why must I torture myself to please others…..
- Firefox – Only mobile browser that has a sync function that’s reliable. Otherwise I’d tout Opera for it’s Turbo mode.
- Fireworks Live Wallpaper – Cheesy, but whatever.
- Flames (Free or Paid) – Cool Live Wallpaper that isn’t a movie, but generated flames! It’s interactive as well and nice to the battery.
- Flixter – I simply find this app to be easier to use than other movie informational apps.
- Gallery Live Wallpaper (Free or Paid) – Rotates your pics on your phone, Reddit or Flicker, very nicely.
- Glitter [Not Free] – Adds glitter to your wallpapers. Makes your girlfriend go awww when she sees her pic all glittery.
- Google Goggles – Fun app to “search by image”. (generally only famous places work but still fun)
- Haunted House HD [Not Free] – Scary and customizable live wallpaper! (the way Halloween should be!!)
- I Heart Radio – Better than Pandora, you can listen to radio stations from all over or make your own ad free!
- IMDB – Internet Movie Database for the Droid
- Kainy [Not Free] – An app that allows you to play your PC games remotely from your Android!
- Kelley Blue Book - Handy for buying/selling cars.
- Key Ring Reward Cards – Tired of those damned plastic cards on your keyring? Yeah… This fixes that
- Lotto Results (or Paid) – Handy way to see if you won. Now all I need to do is actually remember to play…
- Mangler – Ventrilo for your droid. Handy if you get DC’d and want to log on quick and tell the gang.
- Minecraft Pocket Edition [Not Free] – Just a freaking fun game!
- My Beach (Free or Paid) – is a super sweet summer time live wallpaper
- My Data Manager – If your unlimited data plan really isn’t unlimited (and your phone provider doesn’t already have a monitor app installed), this will help you keep inside the boundaries.
- Netflix [Requires Active Netflix Subscription]- This is far more fun than listening to brats whining and screaming or reading outdated magazines in a waiting room.
- Newegg – Geeks paradise shopping!
- Notepad – Sometimes you just want to jot down a thought.
- Office Documents Viewer (Free or Paid) – Best document viewer (and cheaper than others if you go paid version). Handles Open Document formats from Libreoffice and Openoffice as well as MS Office formats.
- Out of Milk (Free or Paid) – The ultimate “don’t forget xxx” list maker. Shopping lists, Too Do Lists, and more! You can immediately add things by typing, talking or scanning items in! Never forget your grocery list again! (unless you leave your phone at home)
- Paper Camera [Not Free] – But makes such cool art out of your everyday photos! Like cartoon and other art modes!
- PayPal – If you have a PayPal account, this is highly useful.
- PayPal Here – Take credit card payments from your phone directly to your PayPal account!
- PdaNet+ – Internet down? Here’s a simple way to tether your PC to your phone to use the 3G/4G for temporary internet access! (Phone Service may charge for extra usage)
- Power Toggles – Quick customizable access widget to all your phone functions. Also can turn on your flash as a flashlight.
- Screenshot It (Rooted or Not Rooted) [Not Free] – But useful as hell and is soooo worth the $3.99! Take screenshots of your droid without some damned SDK or having to hook it up to your computer to do it!
- Snowfall [Not Free] – Probably the best Live Wallpaper ever, especially for Christmas! Moving trees, lights, Santa Clause! The works!
- Speed Test – Great for troubleshooting internet and also good to know if the wifi you are connected to doesn’t suck.
- Square Register – Great easy way to take credit card payments directly with your phone!
- Starbucks – Because I’m a coffee
- SugarSync – Backup your Mac, PC and your Phones! Access and share files from all your computers and devices!
- TeamViewer – Nothing like fixing your Mom’s email problems from your phone!
- Titanium Backup [Requires Root] – Backup solution and way to remove unwanted apps.
- Translate (Google) – Since we can’t seem to speak English in this fucking country….
- Trillian – All your instant messaging needs on your phone!
- URL Shortener – Handy URL shortener and file sharing utility for your Droid (and works flawlessly with YoURLS).
- USAA – Excellent Financial Institution for those who have served in the Armed Forces!
- VIP Access – Because I’m special.
- Waze – The ultimate driving companion! Traffic, gas prices, social travel, and GPS tool! It is a MUST for smartphones!
- Weather Live Wallpaper [Not Free] – Not only does weather, but time and countdowns as well. Nice sparkle effects.
- Wifi Analyzer – Great way to troubleshoot and find wireless!
- Wikipedia – Just if you want to be a possibly misinformed know-it-all, still it’s a valuable tool.
- WordPress – Write new posts, edit content, and manage comments on your WordPress blog. WordPress for Android is an Open Source app that empowers you to write new posts, edit content, view stats, and manage comments with built-in notifications.
- World of Warcraft Armory – Not only is it the armory, but does Remote Auction House and Mobile Guild Chat. Freakin’ Sweet!
Got some freeware I should try and possibly add to my list? Simply email me and let me know.