It’s been 10 months since I took over the lease of this place. In two more months I have to decide to renew it or move. Darla will be moving back to Bay City in February. I know the rent will go up here, I just don’t know how much for sure yet. Lots of ifs around here. I’d like to think the management will want me to renew my lease. I keep the place spotless, I pay my rent on time (early usually) and I am never the cause of complaints from other people in the neighborhood. As far as I know that is. I’m sure about the first two things as the maintenance guy has told me on the two occasions he’s been here how happy they are about these facts. I keep the grass cut, the snow cleared and the driveway swept up when it’s not raining. I mean I pay thousands of dollars to live here, I want it to be a nice place to come home to and take care of it.
Like any decently run rental, when I took over the lease; there is two weeks I have to fill out a form about what I find wrong and submit it to be fixed. Having lived here a year and some months prior to taking over the lease, I already had a list prepared.
Here’s the list I submitted for work requests:
- Large soft spot in floor by vent in secondary bedroom
- Huge soft spot in floor left of stove counter
Large soft spot left of the front door
- Bow in big window in living room, bigger in summer (lets in bugs, let’s out heat or cooling) – He put some foam in the space. Not actually a fix.
- 2x broken mirrors on closet doors main – More or less a report of it so I don’t get charged for the damage.
Exhaust vent over stove, the fan has fallen and now just grinds on the guard when turned on
- Big soft spot in floor by vent in master bedroom
- Large soft spot in floor by window in master bedroom
- Sliding glass door leaks. Left edge – Same foam he used on the window. Not really a fix.
- Soft spot in floor, in front of washer
Which means in over two years of being here, these issues still exist. What annoys me is if they want me to renew, why has the maintenance man only been here twice to work on anything? Only two of the list items have been “fixed”. It’s not like I’m the tenant on South Lucy drive that has a pathway in his living room through mountains of garbage, food and cat piss that could cause you to gag while standing on his front porch. (I have to go there once a week due to my night job.) Some of the places in the back of the park are beyond gross. I could see why they don’t do a lot of maintenance back there. Though I’m surprised they don’t evict many of these people as they abuse the places they live in.